Are you a professional music therapist with internationally recognized credentials such as MT-BC (USA), HPC (UK), RMT (Australia/Canada), RMTh (NZ) who is interested in opportunities in Singapore? Please apply directly to the openings posted below. Kindly direct questions or broken links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. MUSIC THERAPIST – RAINBOW CENTRE
Position listed September 28, 2016.
Rainbow Centre Singapore is committed to enhancing the quality of life of children and youths with special needs through education and training to enable them to achieve their fullest potential. If you share our passion, we invite you to join us to make a real difference in the lives of our students and their families.
The Music Therapist plays a key role in ensuring that students are supported by effective intervention plans and have access to high quality effective music therapy services. He / she is also responsible in educating others on the music therapy services available to ensure relevant referrals and services are provided. He / she will provide direct clinical care, which encompasses assessment, treatment and management of students in the school, community and home settings.
a) Assess students referred for music therapy, design and carry out individualised programmes to meet the therapeutic needs of the students.
b) Identify and prioritise goals for intervention in collaboration with the student/family/caregiver and multidisciplinary team.
c) Formulate care plans that are outcome based and relevant to students’ goals through planning, implementing, evaluating and managing interventions.
d) Facilitate individual and group interventions employing evidence-based music therapy techniques.
e) Apply the process of collaborative exploration in the management of caseloads to deliver effective services.
f) Complete specialist report, case notes and other documentation, following professional guidelines and guidelines required by the organization.
g) Prioritise and manage a caseload under supervision in accordance to school policy.
h) Participate in developing protocols and clinical guidelines to improve services.
i) Maintain and monitor student records related to service utilisation in accordance to school and professional requirements.
j) Maintain inventories of equipment, materials and supplies.
k) Ensure that the health and safety policy is adhered to and all equipment are properly and safely stored and maintained for safe use.
l) Engage in and articulate reflection and evaluation in practice, including critically evaluating the impact of contemporary issues related to the profession and sector.
m) Engage in continual learning through training, sharing, innovation and research.
n) Remain up to date and compliant with all relevant legislation, organisational procedures, policies and professional codes of conduct in order to uphold standards of best practice.
a) Degree or Masters in Music Therapy or its equivalent
b) Registration with the respective Certification Board for Music Therapists such as MT-BC (USA), HPC-UK Arts Therapist (UK), and RMT (Australia).
c) Relevant knowledge & experience in working with children & youth with special needs & a wide range of disabilities.
Qualified and interested candidates are invited to email or send your résumé, duly completed Job Application Form together with copies of your Educational Certificates and Transcripts to:
Rainbow Centre, Singapore
501 Margaret Drive, Singapore 149306 Email: email@example.com
2. MUSIC THERAPIST – KK WOMEN’S AND CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL
Position listed Aug 29, 2016. Open until filled.
KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital is an 830-bedded hospital served by a dedicated team of over 3,000 staff. We are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic, service-oriented and dedicated. Our staff enjoy many opportunities for career development and the satisfaction of serving women and children in their healthcare needs.
KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital has evolved over the decades, since its founding in 1858, into a regional leader in Obstetrics, Gynaecology, Paediatrics and Neonatology. Today, the 830-bed hospital is a referral centre providing tertiary services to handle high-risk conditions in women and children. More than 400 specialists adopt a multi-disciplinary and holistic approach to treatment, and harness the latest innovations and technology for the best medical care possible.
As an academic healthcare institution, KKH believes that world-class clinical training and research are imperative in raising the standard of care. Hence, the Hospital has adopted a culture of innovation as it strives for world-class clinical leadership.
As we continually raise the bar on clinical excellence, we are sensitive to our patients’ needs for a pleasant hospital experience – one where they receive seamless service and enjoy the warmth of compassionate care in a healing environment.
As a Music Therapist, you should have a working knowledge of music therapy applications for medical populations and be able to apply current evidenced-based cognitive, behavioural and psychological strategies to achieve health or rehabilitation outcomes. You will work independently and within a team of allied healthcare professionals to conduct group and individual music therapy services and document progress. You must have the sincere desire, skills, flexibility and ability to work with a range of ages and conditions that are referred for music therapy within a tertiary care medical setting.
- Assess needs of patient and family and develop a written Music Therapy treatment plan that incorporates knowledge of various illness concerns with coping resources/grief and loss theories.
- Implement individual or group music therapy interventions for patients/families in accordance with the medical and music therapy treatment plans.
- Apply current research to musically address a variety of medical, psychological, emotional, spiritual, social and wellness needs of patients/families in an age-appropriate and culturally relevant manner.
- Succinctly document relevant progress and treatment goals in case notes using standardized or narrative formats in a timely manner.
- Educate and communicate about music therapy in a manner that is respectful of and consistent with the patient/family’s culture, religion and values.
- Prepare accurate case summaries for consultation and supervision.
- Compile and produce timely and accurate monthly statistical or reports.
- Initiate or participate in research, surveys, and other related projects as assigned.
- Participate in conferences, departmental or patient-related meetings.
- Support initiatives that develop or expand medical practices within the music therapy profession locally.
- Adhere to policies and procedures of the hospital and abide by frameworks governing rules, regulations and paperwork.
- Maintain program development and growth in both patient and non-patient care areas.
- Bachelor degree or Postgraduate Diploma in Music Therapy from an accredited institution with national credentials: e.g. MT-BC(USA), HPC (UK), RMT (Australia & Canada), RMth (NZ), with supervised clinical experience in acute paediatric medical setting. Master degree an asset.
- Preferably with at least two years’ full time experience as a Music Therapist.
- Fresh graduates who have completed full-time AMTA-approved internship in an acute paediatric medical setting may be considered.
- NICU-MT, Hospice or Palliative MT, or NMT training added advantage.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with good organization and time management.
Interested applicants, please apply directly at JobStreet-KKH Music Therapist or email Ms Jenny Yap, Assistant Manager, Human Resources, KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital, at firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
3. MUSIC THERAPIST – ST LUKE’S HOSPITAL
Position listed Aug 8, 2016.
St Luke’s Hospital is a 233-bedded community hospital of excellence committed to providing compassionate and quality care, with a multi-disciplinary approach including medical, nursing and rehabilitative care.
We strongly encourage and support our staff in continuous education and professional development. Competitive remuneration and career opportunities await suitable candidates.
- Provide quality and professional Music Therapy services in assigned caseloads
- Plan, review, and assess progress with clear documentation
- Set relevant goals and objectives with the client and their caregivers
- Make use of musical instruments, music and other form of musical art to improve patient care such as expression, attention, mood, participation, reduction of undesirable behavior, relieve symptoms, enhance spiritual or psychological comfort
- Conduct or assist in group music therapy and diversional music therapy
- Provide clinical report and record according to hospital standard
- Develop music therapy referral pathway
- Develop clinical guideline with evidence based practices to improve care
- Provide and carry out regular audit
- Develop new program to improve care
- Provide daily service entry
- Organize caseload coverage and work distribution
- Document and report an incident when necessary
- Maintain a neat and tidy workplace
- Write an incident report when necessary
Education and Training
- Training of therapy aides and other staff to assist in music therapy activities, preparation of music materials and resources, cleaning up, disinfecting and storage of music instruments
- Participate in departmental in-service training.
- Involve in in-service education for other professionals and students.
- Give talks/ lectures when necessary
- Involve in research / QA activities
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor Degree or Postgraduate Diploma in Music Therapy from an accredited institution with national credentials: e.g. MT-BC(USA), HPC (UK), RMT (Australia & Canada), RMth (NZ) etc.
- At least 2 years’ full time experience with geriatric rehabilitation and dementia. NMT training an asset.
- Proficiency with keyboard, guitar, percussion and vocal ability and familiarity with wide range of music genres (familiarity with Asian repertoire and geriatric population is an asset).
- Fluency in Asian languages an asset, or a strong inclination to learn conversational dialects.
- Adapt music interventions through a basic understanding of family systems dynamics
- Respect a wide range of cultural or spiritual practices and beliefs
- Able to work independently with good communication and documentation skills
Interested applicants, please email your application with a detailed CV and academic transcripts directly to email@example.com.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
4. Thye Hua Kwan Moral Charities Limited
Position listed: Ongoing
Job Description: Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Sector : Children/Youth
Thye Hua Kwan Moral Charities
8. Meranti Home @ Pelangi Village.
Date of Posting: 28 June 2015
Employment Type: Casual (2 hours 3 x weekly)
Salary/Rate of Pay: Negotiable
Starting date: Immediate
Facility: A room will be provided to conduct the session.
Job description: To meaningfully engage a group of 25 – 35 high and middle functioning residents who have interests in music.
Interested parties, please send applications with CV and relevant certificates to: Social Worker Goh Sun Ling at firstname.lastname@example.org