Are you a professional music therapist with internationally recognized credentials such as MT-BC (USA), HPC (UK), RMT (Australia/Canada), RMTh (NZ) who is interested in opportunities in Singapore? Please apply directly to the openings posted below. Kindly direct questions or broken links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. MUSIC THERAPIST – ST LUKE’S HOSPITAL
Position listed Aug 8, 2016.
St Luke’s Hospital is a 233-bedded community hospital of excellence committed to providing compassionate and quality care, with a multi-disciplinary approach including medical, nursing and rehabilitative care.
We strongly encourage and support our staff in continuous education and professional development. Competitive remuneration and career opportunities await suitable candidates.
- Provide quality and professional Music Therapy services in assigned caseloads
- Plan, review and assess progress with clear documentation
- Set relevant goals and objectives with the client and their caregivers
- Make use of musical instruments, music and other forms of musical art to improve patient care such as expression, attention, mood, participation, reduction of undesirable behaviour, relieve symptoms, enhance spiritual or psychological comfort
- Conduct or assist in group music therapy and diversional music therapy
- Provide clinical report and record according to hospital standard
- Develop music therapy referral pathway
- Develop clinical guideline with evidence based practices to improve care
- Provide and carry out regular audit
- Develop new program to improve care
- Provide daily service entry
- Organize caseload coverage and work distribution
- Document and report an incident when necessary
- Maintain a neat and tidy workplace
- Write an incident report when necessary
Education and Training
- Training of therapy aides and other staff to assist in music therapy activities, preparation of music materials and resources, cleaning up, disinfecting and storage of music instruments
- Participate in departmental in-service training.
- Involve in in-service education for other professionals and students.
- Give talks/ lectures when necessary
- Involve in research / QA activities
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor Degree or Postgraduate Diploma in Music Therapy from an accredited institution with national credentials: e.g. MT-BC(USA), HPC (UK), RMT (Australia & Canada), RMth (NZ) etc.
- At least 2 years’ full time experience with geriatric rehabilitation and dementia. NMT training an asset.
- Proficiency with keyboard, guitar, percussion and vocal ability and familiarity with wide range of music genres (familiarity with Asian repertoire and geriatric population is an asset).
- Fluency in Asian languages an asset, or a strong inclination to learn conversational dialects.
- Adapt music interventions through a basic understanding of family systems dynamics
- Respect a wide range of cultural or spiritual practices and beliefs
- Able to work independently with good communication and documentation skills
Interested applicants, please email your application with a detailed CV and academic transcripts directly to email@example.com.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
2. Thye Hua Kwan Moral Charities Limited
Position listed: Ongoing
Job Description: Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Sector : Children/Youth
Thye Hua Kwan Moral Charities